Juntendo University, Tokyo, established in 1838.

  1. Home
  2. International Center (JUIC)
  3. Information
  4. How to apply for the Certificate of Eligibility (COE)


How to apply for the Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

  International Visitors who will stay in Japan 90 days or more, or those who come to Japan with some kind of status (student or collaborative researcher) have to apply for and obtain the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for the visa application. The COE is proof that you are admitted to the institution in Japan (in your case Juntendo University). The COE helps with your visa application to the Japanese Embassy in your country. With a COE your visa will be processed and issued within 1-3 business days. Once your COE is issued, JUIC will send it to you by express registered mail.

Please send emails to JUIC < juic@juntendo.ac.jp > for more details.