HIRAMATSU Keiichi, M.D., Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor, Microbiology
Director, Center of Excellence for Infection Control Science
- M.D. The University of Tokyo Faculty of Medicine
- Practiced internal medicine
- Research student in Immunology at Tokyo University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Assistant Professor in Retrovirology at Tokyo University and Tokyo Medical and Dental University
- Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, Department of Microbiology, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine
- Director of Infection Control Science Research Center at Juntendo University
Main Research Topics and Interests
- Discovery of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) as the genetic determinant of MRSA (1995), Discovery of vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus (S.) aureus (VISA) and heterogeneously intermediate-VISA (hVISA) (1997), The first whole genome sequence determination of S. aureus (N315 and Mu50)(2001) (ref. 6), then of CA-MRSA strain MW2 (2002), Proposal of the novel mechanism ‘peptidoglycan clogging’ for the vancomycin resistance of VISA (2006)
- Discovery of the origin of mecA gene in S. flurettii (2010), Discovery of Reverse Antibiotic (2012)
- Antibiotics, Antibiotic resistance, Microbiology of MRSA, Micorbial Genomics, Infection Control
- Reverse Antibiotics, ß-lactam Resistance, Vancmycin resistance, Molecular Epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus. Anti-MRSA chemotoerapy
Publications (in English)
- Original Articles (222)
- Review Articles (20)
- Book (24)
- Total Impact Factor (Top 50） (355.589)
- Citation Index (20,476)
Recent Main Publications
- Hiramatsu K, Ito T, Tsubakishita S, Sasaki T, Takeuchi F, Morimoto Y, Katayama Y, Matsuo M, Kuwahara-Arai K, Hishinuma T, Baba T: Genomic Basis for Methicillin Resistance in Staphylococcus aureus. Infect Chemother, 2013 Jun; 45 (2): 117-36.
- Hiramatsu K, Katayama Y, Matsuo M, Sasaki T, Morimoto Y, Sekiguchi A, Baba T: Multi-Drug-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Future Chemotherapy. J Infect Chemother, 2014 Oct; 20 (10): 593-601.
- Hiramatsu K, Katayama Y, Matsuo M, Aiba Y, Saito M, Hishinuma T, Iwamoto A: Vancomycin-intermediate resistance in Staphylococcus aureus. J Glob Antimicrob Resist; 2014 Dec; 2 (4) : 213-224.