MITA Toshihiro, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Molecular and Cellular Parasitology (Tropical Medicine and Parasitology)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Jikei Medical University
- Lecturer, Department of International affairs & Tropical medicine, Tokyo Women's Medical University
- Professor, Department of Molecular and Cellular Parasitology, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine
- Tropical medicine
- Drug resistance
- Molecular epidemiology
Main Research Topics and Interests
- Clarification of novel evolution process for drug-resistant malaria using a molecular population genetic approach
- Development of new genetic markers for malaria parasite that cause antimalarial resistance
- Elucidation of world-wide population structure of malaria parasites and it’s relation to global malaria control
- Construction of a simplified mathematical model that can predict the future status of antimalarial resistance
- Development a novel innovative tool for malaria genetics, which can accelerate the efficient identification of genes involved in novel phenotypes of interest like drug resistance
Publications (in English)
- Original Articles (49)
- Review Articles (5)
- Books (2)
- Total Impact Factor (189.46)
- Citation Index (912)
Recent Main Publications
- J Infect Dis, 2014; 209: 130-139.
- Nat Genet, 2012; 44: 1051-1055.
- J Infect Dis, 2011; 204: 1980-1988.
Other Specific Comments
- I have been addressing the global issue of drug-resistant malaria mainly using novel field-based molecular approaches. My personal motto is “an inventive point of view” that makes our life as a researcher more interesting.