Admission info ※留学生対象 Global Nursing Leadership Course
Department of Nursing -Doctoral Program-
|Application Guidebook for AY2024(Autumn Enrollment)
|Global Nursing Leadership Course
October 1, 2024
3. Application Eligibility
2024 academic year Doctoral program applicants are required to have a recommendation from an external institution that has a cooperation agreement with Juntendo University.
Eligible applicants to whom any the following 1 through 7 apply:
- Applicants who have been awarded or are expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a master's degree or professional degree.
- Applicants who have been awarded or are expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a master's degree or a degree equivalent to a professional degree from a foreign country.
*1 Applicants must confirm they meet the preliminary confirmation of eligibility.
- Applicants who have been awarded or are expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a master's degree or a degree equivalent to a professional degree via distance learning course administered by a school outside of Japan, while living in Japan.
- A person who has completed a course of study at a non-Japanese school designated in Japan as equivalent to a non-Japanese graduate school (Locations in Japan of a Foreign University [graduate school equivalent] designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) and has been awarded, or is expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a degree equivalent to a master's degree or a professional degree.
- Applicants who have attended United Nations University and have been awarded or are expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a degree equivalent to a master’s degree.
- Applicants who have been approved by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Ministry of Education Notification No. 118 of September 1, 1989).
*2 Preliminary eligibility review required.
①Applicants who have graduated from a university and has engaged in research at a university, research institute, etc. for two years or longer, and who is recognized by the Graduate School as having the academic ability equivalent to or higher than that of a person who holds a master's degree based on the results of said research.
②Applicants who have been engaged in research at a university, a health organization, or equivalent, for 2 years or more after completing 16 years of school education in a foreign country or after completing 16 years of school education in a foreign country via distance learning course taken while living in Japan, and who are recognized by the Graduate School to have the scholastic ability equivalent to or higher than that of a person who holds a master's degree based on the outcome of said research.
- Applicants whom the Graduate School has recognized through separate preliminary eligibility review as possessing the equivalent or greater academic ability than a person with a master’s degree or professional degree and who are 24 years of age or above by the time of enrollment.
*2 Preliminary eligibility review required.
*1 Preliminary Confirmation of Eligibility
Application Eligibility 2 requires prior confirmation, please consult with the Graduate School Division, Urayasu Campus Office before applying.
*2 Preliminary Eligibility Review
Applicants who wish to apply to the Graduate School based on the eligibility requirements listed in 6 or 7 must first be reviewed by the Graduate School of Health Care and Nursing Committee as to whether they meet the eligibility requirements before they apply.
4. Application Requirements
Persons must meet one of the following language requirements and can submit the corresponding test certificates (in principal, such certificate must be based on or after May 1,2022)
1) TOEFL iBT : 70 or above
2) IELTS 6.0 or above
3) TOEIC 650 or above
5. Application Period
|Must be received at Juntendo University, Graduate School Division
between March 25, 2024 and April 26, 2024
6. Prior Consultation Ahead of Application
Before sending the application documents, please contact the academic advisor below and consult with her regarding the details of your research
Please refer to the following website URL for contact information, achievements, and details.
7. Application Documents, Entrance Examination Fees, etc.
|Use the designated form.
Please fill in the application form with the fields of specialization that you wish to apply.
|Record of Research and Proposals
|Use the designated form.
(Please use your signature or personal seal)
|List of Research Achievements
|List your achievements on the designated form.
Select up to five major projects and attach them together with the designated document.
|Submit certificate from your most recent education, prepared by the head of the university (or graduate school).
|Officially sealed certificate from your most recent education, prepared by the head of the university or graduate school.
|Attach a 3cm x 4cm photo of your full face, taken within 3 months before the application date, to the designated space of the application form. Hats and head coverings are acceptable if worn daily for religious beliefs.
|Entrance Examination Fee
|Submit your written consent on the designated form if you are employed. If you are unable to consent, please submit a document stating the reason.
|Documents certifying the results of external English examinations
|A document certifying the score of a language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC)
◎ Please print the documents out in full without changing the page formatting. Fill out the appropriate forms and submit.
8. Selection Process
Applicants are required to take the examination as described below.
(The number indicates the total score for the written test).
|Selection of International Students
◎ The selection of successful candidates will be determined by considering a combination of written examinations, interviews, and application documents.
(2)Entrance Examination Date
|May 29, 2024
◎ Further details will be communicated separately.
(3)Entrance Examination Venue
The examination will be conducted online via the internet.
All examinations will be conducted over the Internet, so an Internet connection test will be conducted beforehand. The timing and the other details of the connection test will be decided after applications have been received and applicants will be advised thereafter.
9. Announcement of Successful Candidates
|Individual notifications from each relevant institution
◎ The announcement of successful candidates will be posted on the Graduate School website.
Successful applicants will be sent a notification of acceptance and enrollment procedure guidelines.
10. Enrollment Process Period
|From receipt of acceptance notification to July 12,2024
11. Matriculation Fees, Tuition, etc.
|Full payment at
|Payment in installments
|At time of enrollment only
March 31, 2025
March 31, 2025
◎ In principle, payments already made will not be refunded. However, those who have submitted a notice of withdrawal of enrollment and a request for refund of deposit will be refunded payment, excluding the matriculation fee, if they have applied for withdrawal of enrollment by 12:00 (JST) on September 24, 2024.
- After the application has been received, the entrance examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate but fail to do so, their admission will be revoked even if they have been accepted.
Security Export Control (for non-Japanese examinees)
13. Degree Conferred
Persons who have acquired the designated credits from the Graduate School of Health Care and Nursing (Doctoral Program) at Juntendo University Graduate School, and who have passed the review of their dissertation and the final examination will be awarded a Doctoral in Nursing degree.
The Graduate School of Health Care and Nursing (Doctoral Program) has the following classifications and subjects.
(Please note that there may be some changes.)
| Nursing Research Theory
Research Topics - D
| Global Nursing Theory
Advanced Global Nursing
|Practice and Research
| Nursing Seminar
Nursing Special Research
15. Completion Requirements
The requirements for completion at the Graduate School of Health Care and Nursing (Doctoral Program) are as follows: a student enrolled in the course for at least 3 years; acquired a total of at least 18 credits consisting of 14 general subjects and at least 4 specialized subjects; submission of a doctoral dissertation upon having received the required research supervision and pass the review and final examination.
Please receive guidance from your academic advisor in advance when choosing subjects. The enrollment period may be shortened for those who have achieved excellent research results and have been enrolled for at least two years.
16. Where to submit applications and inquiries
Urayasu Campus Office
Graduate School Division
2-5-1 Takasu, Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture, 279-0023
Tel: +81-47-355-3111 Fax: +81-47-350-0654