Admission info ※留学生対象 Global Nursing Leadership Course
Department of Nursing -Doctoral Program-
|Application Guidebook for AY2023(Autumn Enrollment)
|Nursing||Doctorate Degree||Schedule A||2 people|
|Global Nursing Leadership Course|
October 1, 2023
3. Application Eligibility
Candidates applying to the master’s program for 2023 require a recommendation from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
Eligible applicants to whom any the following 1 through 7 apply:
- Applicants who have been awarded or are expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a master's degree or professional degree.
- Applicants who have been awarded or are expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a master's degree or a degree equivalent to a professional degree from a foreign country.
*1 Applicants must confirm they meet the preliminary confirmation of eligibility.
- Applicants who have been awarded or are expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a master's degree or a degree equivalent to a professional degree via distance learning course administered by a school outside of Japan, while living in Japan.
- A person who has completed a course of study at a non-Japanese school designated in Japan as equivalent to a non-Japanese graduate school (Locations in Japan of a Foreign University [graduate school equivalent] designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) and has been awarded, or is expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a degree equivalent to a master's degree or a professional degree.
- Applicants who have attended United Nations University and have been awarded or are expected to be awarded by the time of enrollment, a degree equivalent to a master’s degree.
- Applicants who have been approved by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Ministry of Education Notification No. 118 of September 1, 1989).
*2 Preliminary eligibility review required.
①Applicants who have graduated from a university and has engaged in research at a university, research institute, etc. for two years or longer, and who is recognized by the Graduate School as having the academic ability equivalent to or higher than that of a person who holds a master's degree based on the results of said research.
②Applicants who have been engaged in research at a university, a health organization, or equivalent, for 2 years or more after completing 16 years of school education in a foreign country or after completing 16 years of school education in a foreign country via distance learning course taken while living in Japan, and who are recognized by the Graduate School to have the scholastic ability equivalent to or higher than that of a person who holds a master's degree based on the outcome of said research.
- Applicants whom the Graduate School has recognized through separate preliminary eligibility review as possessing the equivalent or greater academic ability than a person with a master’s degree or professional degree and who are 24 years of age or above by the time of enrollment.
*2 Preliminary eligibility review required.
*1 Preliminary Confirmation of Eligibility
Application Eligibility 2 requires prior confirmation, please consult with the Graduate School Division, Urayasu Campus Office before applying.
*2 Preliminary Eligibility Review
Applicants who wish to apply to the Graduate School based on the eligibility requirements listed in 6 or 7 must first be reviewed by the Graduate School of Health Care and Nursing Committee as to whether they meet the eligibility requirements before they apply.
4. Application Requirements
Persons must meet one of the following language requirements and can submit the corresponding test certificates (in principal, such certificate must be based on or after August 1,2017)
1) TOEFL iBT : 60 or above
2) IELTS 6.0 or above
3) TOEIC 650 or above
5. Application Period
|Schedule||Must be received at Juntendo University, Graduate School Division
between March 22 and April 22, 2023
6. Prior Consultation Ahead of Application
Before sending the application documents, please contact the research advisor below and consult with her regarding the details of your research
|Field Name||Research Advisor|
|Global Nursing||Ritsuko Wakabayashi|
Please refer to the following website URL for contact information, achievements, and details of each faculty member.
7. Application Documents, Entrance Examination Fees, etc.
|Application Form||Use the designated form.
Please fill in the application form with the fields of specialization that you wish to apply.
|Record of Aspirations and Researc||WORD
||Use the designated form.
(Please use your signature or personal seal)
|List of Research Achievements||WORD
||List your achievements on the designated form.
Select up to five major projects and attach them together with the designated document.
|Submit certificate from your most recent education, prepared by the head of the university (or graduate school).|
|Academic Transcripts||Officially sealed certificate from your most recent education, prepared by the head of the university or graduate school.|
|Photograph||Attach a 3cm x 4cm photo of your full face, taken within 3 months before the application date, to the designated space of the application form. Hats and head coverings are acceptable if worn daily for religious beliefs.|
|Entrance Examination Fee||JPY 30,000
Refer to the following page for payment details.
||Submit your written consent on the designated form if you are employed. If you are unable to consent, please submit a document stating the reason.|
|Documents certifying the results of external English examinations||A document certifying the score of a language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC)|
◎ If you failed the examination for schedule A and wish to retry for schedule B, since you have already submitted the application for admission, please resend the application form after transferring the entrance examination fee.
◎ The documents marked with an * above can be downloaded from the Graduate School's website. Please print the documents out in full without changing the page formatting. Fill out the appropriate forms and submit.
8. Selection Process
Applicants are required to take the examination described below.
(The number indicates the total score for the written test)
|Selection Process||English||Short Essay||Interview|
|Selection of International Students||100||○|
1) From AY 2020 onward, those who have obtained the following grades will be exempt from the English examination. When applying, please submit proof of your score.
TOEFL (iBT) : 76 or higher
IELTS : 6.0 or higher
TOEIC : 700 or higher
(2)Entrance Examination Date
|Examination Date||Time (JST)||Examination|
|May 27, 2023||13:30||Commencement|
|13:40 - 14:20||Interview|
|14:40 - 15:10||short essay|
The examination will be conducted online.
9. Announcement of Successful Candidates
|Schedule||JICA will notify|
The announcement of successful candidates will be posted on the Graduate School website.
Successful applicants will be sent a notification of acceptance and enrollment procedure guidelines.
10. Enrollment Process Period
|Schedule||From receipt of acceptance notification to July 14,2023|
◎ In principle, please send your documents by registered mail. If you have to bring it in person, please consult the Urayasu Campus Office in advance.